Dr. Eduard APOSTU
Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
Doctor of Philosophy with a vast experience as a professional artist (known as artist as Edi Apostu / Eddy Apostu). With a teacher experience of about 6 years in Romania and the United Kingdom, highly organised, efficient, personable and able to deliver consistently hight result in education, who is keen to find a position as Art & Design Teacher or Humanities (Philosophy / Religious Education) Teacher.
In my career as an artist, among many artworks, I created a unique masterpiece in the entire world, a painting that has eight thousand two hundred and seven pure colors: “Spiral of Time. 8207”.
As a teacher, I understood that education is a major factor in the development of human personality, human character and that children need to be modeled from early childhood in order to grow safely in the spirit of freedom, honesty and respect for oneself and others.
Because I have worked like Teacher in Romania and in the UK as a Teaching Assistant, Cover Supervisor and Cover Teacher in various schools, I had the opportunity to hold not only Art lessons, but also Humanities, Geography, Religious Education, History and even Science.
Children need proper guidance, high quality education, in accordance with the National Curriculum and linked with the Child Protection and Safeguarding policy.
First core value is Respect. Mutual respect in the classroom encompasses more than the interaction between students and the teacher. An atmosphere of mutual respect means that students also treat each other properly. The result is a classroom where more learning takes place as students feel safe, motivated and, of course, respected.
In my career as a teacher I have worked children without any disabilities but also with children with disabilities. In the UK, working with various agencies, I was sent to work at various SEN schools, where there were students with all range of disibalities. Some children had medium or even heavy communication problems, used picture cards to communicate, other children were deaf or mute, and some had severe locomotor disabilities being forced to sit in the wheelchair, children that need special attention and care to overcome the difficulties they face.
At the age of 16 when I started Karate Do, I started practicing the Zen meditation because this is an intrinsic part of the Japanese spirit. The Zen meditation has helped me a lot to develop from all points of view. It developed me as a human being, as an artist, it is a way of life and because of it I managed to better understand the world and maybe a little part of the “universe”.
Because of the meditation I managed to develop a high degree of empathy, I was able to easily observe things and situations that are even obscure to the less sensitive people.
Even since when I was starting studying at the Arts University at the age at 18, I was concerned with philosophy, not only as an abstract subject of study as it is today, but in terms of searching and solving existential problems. At the Faculty of Philosophy I studied psychology as a general subject, and in particular I studied Transpersonal Psychology initiated by Abraham Maslow and continued by Stanislav.
In 2006 I initiated the concept of Holotropic Art™ based on the idea of ”self discovery” through introspection, with the roots in Zen Meditation and Transpersonal Psychology:
The Holotropic Art™ is the art which is the result of transpersonal experiences and which can transpose the beholder into states of overconsciousness. (Eddy Apostu, Ph.D. / 2006)
In 2007 I set up the Holotropic Art Association in Romania, then in Italy and France.
In 2009 I have organized in Iasi, Romania, the first International Holotropic Art Symposium. A symposium of scientific character, but also cultural-artistic, followed later by the International Holotropic Art Symposium 2010 and 2011.
Now, in many countries they have appeared reminiscent of the Holotropic Art initiated by me. I noticed a similar movement in Argentina and also in the Czech Republic, the country of origin of the psychiatrist Stanislav Grof.
As teacher and as professional artist I would like to share my educational and professional experience with students from the UK universities, schools and colleges and to contribute to the reputation of the institution I will be part of. I like to work with students and inspire their the love for the art and good aesthetic sense.
Due to the fact my knowledge in the fields of art, aesthetics, philosophy, art philosophy, art history, religion, cultural management are comprehensive, I am able to teach in secondary school, further education, university at any stage and at any level.
Because I am also a professional artist, at any school I have worked and I will work, I like to involve the students in performing impressive works of art and I want to do such a work perhaps worthy of the Guinness World Record.
According to me art is not only a form of human expression, but also a form of therapy that is increasingly common in various institutions and can be easily applied in SEN schools because integrates psychotherapeutic techniques with the creative process to improve mental health and well-being. Art therapy is a form of psychotherapy that uses art media as its primary mode of expression and communication. Within this context, art is not used as diagnostic tool but as a medium to address emotional issues which may be confusing and distressing.
For me, to be Teacher is not only a career, but it is also a passion, on the one hand is my keen to teach, on the other hand is a passion for understanding the human psyche and helping those around me to have a better and brighter life.
- Link Education, UK / Teacher
- Educate Staffing, UK / Art Teacher
- Woldwide Education, UK / Teacher
- Uniform Education, UK / Art Teacher
- PK Education, UK / Teaching Assistant
- 3D ARTE Publishing House, Iasi, Romania / Art Director
- Holotropic Art, Iasi, Romania / Tutor / Graphic Designer
- “Ion Simionescu” Secondary School, Iasi, Romania / Art Teacher
- “Bogdan Voda” College Halaucesti, Romania / Art Teacher
- “Dumitru Mangeron” College, Iasi, Romania / Art Teacher
- Secondary School no. 1, Suceava, Romania / Art Teacher
Education, Training & Qualifications
- RQF Level 8 / SCQF Level 12 / CQFW Level 8 | Doctor of Philosophy / Faculty of Philosophy, “Al. I. Cuza” University, Iasi, Romania
- RQF Level 7 / SCQF Level 11 / CQFW Level 7 | Master in Philosophy of Art and Cultural Management / Faculty of Philosophy, “Al. I. Cuza” University, Iasi, Romania | Erasmus scholarship – Univ. Degli Studi “G. D’Annunzio” Chieti, Italy
- RQF Level 6 / SCQF Level 10 / CQFW Level 6 / Faculty of Fine and Decorative Arts, field of study Mural Art, “G. Enescu” University of Arts, Iasi, Romania
- RQF Level 3 / SCQF Level 6-7 / CQFW Level 3 / “O. Bancila” Art Lyceum Iasi, Romania
- UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Child Protection in Education Level 2 – EduCare
- Health & Safety in Education: Senior Leadership & Management Level 2 – EduCare
- Equality and Diversity Level 2 – EduCare
- Safeguarding Children in Education V5 – Safeguarding e-Academy
- Prevent Online Training Course – Ref. No: H1E8W2QU1567608931
- Online Safeguarding Training Course – Supply Desk
- Level 1 Safeguarding Qualification – Online CDP Course – Prospero Teaching
- Level 1 Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life – City of Wolverhampton College
Organizations & Unions
- Member of the Wolverhampton Society of Artists, UK
- Member of the Fine Artists’ Union from Romania, Iasi branch
- Member of Holotropic Art Association
Personal exhibitions (selective):
- 2007 – “Pilgrim through time” – “Cupola” Art Galleries, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – “Costana in my holotropic time” – “Cupola” Art Galleries, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – “From quantum void to nirvana” – “Ateneul Tatarasi” Art Galleries, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – “Holotropique et transpersonal” – “Dans la lumiere des arts” Gallery, Nice, France
- 2009 – “Temps holotropique” – “Dans la lumiere des arts” Gallery, Nice, France
- 2009 – ”La Spirale del Tempo” – ”Sala del Cavallo” Gallery, Cologno al Serio (BG), Italy
- 2010 – ”Improvisations guitar-holotropic”, – ”Dana”, Iasi, Romania
- 2016 – ”Holotropic. Space. Time” – Goldart Auction House Bucharest, Romania
- 2017 – ”Iulius Summer Tour 2017”:
- 1 July – 19 July 2017, Palas Mall Iasi, Romania
- 31 July – 10 August 2017, Iulius Mall Cluj-Napoca, Romania
- 11 August – 17 August 2017, Iulius Mall Timisoara, Romania
- 21 August – 30 August 2017, Iulius Mall Suceava, Romania
Collective and group exhibitions (selective):
- 2005 – 2006 – World Trade Center, Iasi, Romania
- 2006 – 2007 – World Trade Center, Iasi, Romania
- 2007 – Museo Permanente dell’Artigiano Artistico Abruzzese Guardiagrele, Italy
- 2007 – 2008 – World Trade Center, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – “Blue” – Ateneu Tatarasi, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – World Trade Center, Iasi, Romania
- 2009 – International Holotropic Art Exhibition, “Coupola” Art Gallery, Iasi, Romania
- 2010 – International Holotropic Art Exhibition, “Dana” Art Gallery, Iasi, Romania
- 2010 – World Trade Center, Iasi, Romania
- 2011 – International Holotropic Art Exhibition, “Dana” Art Gallery, Iasi, Romania
- Interior designs and art works in various private residences from Romania, Czech Republic, Germany, France, Poland, Italy, Denmark, United Kingdom.
- 2007 – Dimensiuni ale esteticii postmoderne published in Seminarii de estetica postmoderna – 3D ARTE Publishing House, Iasi, Romania
- 2007 – Arta filosofia si ipocrizia in actualitate sau filosofia si arta ipocriziei published in Eseuri de arta si estetica, 2 – 3D ARTE Publishing House, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – Pelerin in timp – poetry (illustrated by the author with graphical works) – 3D ARTE Publishing House, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – Estetica numerelor – poetry (illustrated by the author with graphical works) – 3D ARTE Publishing House, Iasi, Romania
- 2008 – Haiku – poetry (illustrated by the author with graphical works) – 3D ARTE Publishing House, Iasi, Romania
- The Kitsch as Postmodern Aesthetic, Journal of Philosophie and Arts, 1 / 2008, online
- 2010 – Art, degeneration and kitsch – 3D ARTE Publishing House, Iasi, Romania
- 2010 – The holotropic art, the rehabilitation of the good aesthetic sense, PIM Publishing House, Iasi, Romania
- 2012 – Transpersonal dimensions in the artistic creation, 3D Arte Publishing House, Iasi, Romania